Cairo Modern International School (CMIS) community believes that learning is a life- long , ever-changing process ;therefore, the mission of the school is to teach students how to learn , and achieve at the highest levels , and to prepare each student to contribute in the broadest sense to the effectiveness of the school community as well as to the community at large .
Students learn best when:
- Instruction is varied in its practice and is individualized to students’ particular learning styles, and when they are fully engaged and self- motivated.
- Assessment by the school is designed not only to assess current levels of achievement, but also to establish new goals for achievement.
- Academics, the arts, career and technology, electives, co- curricular and extra –curricular activities are crucial to a well – rounded education.
- students also learn best by experience and by developing higher levels of mastery when they can apply learned knowledge and skills to new situations.
- We further believe that students learn best in safe environments and when the entire community fully supports their learning.
Our core values are: care, mutual trust, mutual respect, tolerance, fairness, openness, responsibility, persistence, and excellence.