“Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile”
In cooperation with our dear parents, we gladly present some tips for 2015-2016 to help us fulfill our mission and ensure success for our students.
Happy New Academic Year filled with joy and great aspirations for success.
School Policies & procedures
Our responsibility is to give students every opportunity to be successful..
Therefore, we provide an environment that allows for positive communication between the teacher, parent and student. Use special activities in the classroom to make learning enjoyable. Strive to keep parents informed of special school events. Comply with school policies, rules and regulations.
Support the school in its efforts to maintain proper discipline.
To ensure student success, parents must..
- Help their child to be punctual and attend school regularly.
- Support the school in its efforts to maintain proper discipline.
- Communicate and work with teachers to support their children.
- Stay aware of what their children are learning.
- Read with their child and let her see the parent read.
Students have the right to a positive atmosphere, a safe and orderly environment, and a quality education. Along with these rights, there are certain responsibilities placed on each of them.
Students are to:
- Attend school regularly and Work hard to achieve success
- Complete and return homework assignments on time.
- Respect and cooperate with other students and school staff.
- Respect school polices rules and procedures.
- Always be ready for any surprise check.
- Use polite language to have proper attitude towards each other and school staff.
CMIS students are expected to dress in a manner that shows respect and reflects an attitude of professionalism and success.
School uniform should be clean, neat, and appropriate for various school activities.
Homework Assignments to be completed at home vary according to grade level and subject area. Homework is assigned to provide an opportunity for the students to follow and experience the success of independent learning.
Students who need to leave prior to the end of the school day must have a note from home requesting an early release. The note should be given to the stage director. Any student leaving early must have a permission before leaving campus.
* CMIS provides bus transportation to and from school for students. Students are to wait for their bus at the assigned stop. Bus drivers will sound the horn and wait 3 minutes for students who are late for their bus. Habitual lateness is unacceptable and might result in a bus suspension or expulsion. Drivers will not return to stops for tardy students.
*In the event that parents want their children to leave school using an alternative bus or other means of travel then a signed permission note must be sent to the school administration before 1:30 p.m. Students without a signed note will leave on their designated bus.
*Parents are responsible for being on time at their child’s designated pick up and drop off destinations. Please, verify your address, phone number, and second emergency contact number and name with the school’s transportation department prior to the beginning of the school year.
*Bus information such as bus number and bus monitor names and numbers are assigned and will be given during the school’s student and parent Orientation Day or during the first day of school.
*CMIS provides adequate facilities to handle most minor accidents and emergency situations that occur on campus.
*All students need to submit completed physical forms signed by a physician or the parent along with a full immunization record at the time of registration. It is important to include information about your emergency contact person and a signed “Consent for Treatment” form, in case an emergency arises. If your child has an allergy or any +other noteworthy medical condition, please inform the school nurse immediately.
- If your child is absent due to illness, please, send a note to the teacher explaining the nature of the illness. Also, be sure to inform the school doctor if your child has been exposed to a contagious illness.
*A parental consent form must be signed and clear written instructions should include the students name, grade level and teacher, the name and dose of the medication, the time of administration and expected duration of treatment, if known.
- Students are strictly forbidden to get any medication at school without a parent’s consent and the school doctor’s approval.
*In consideration of other children and your child’s health, please keep your child home if she has any of the following symptoms
Fever – diarrhea – vomiting- greenish or yellow nasal discharge
Discharge from the eyes
*If your child has a contagious illness they need to be seen by a doctor and given medical clearance to return to school.
- In case immunization campaigns that take place in school, parents will be asked to complete and sign a permission slip for their daughter to be immunized through school.
During the school year, field trips may be taken to supplement and extend learning presented in the classroom.
Parents will be asked to complete and sign a permission slip for each field trip.
Students must wear school P.E uniform during field trips.
PARENT INVOLVEMENT – The only way in which a child can be educated to the best of her ability is if parents and teachers work together. Channel Books, School website, phone calls, PTAs (Parent /Teacher Associations), school calendar and Newsletters are important vehicles for communicating information about activities at School.
Parents are kindly requested to follow the school hierarchy to save time and effort.
First, meet Stage Director, and then Vice Principal/Academic Director, in case of no action taken refers to school principal.
N.B: Mobile phones, ipads and laptops are not allowed at school.
PTA (Parent / Teacher Association)
A variety of PTA sponsored events are also held throughout the year. Your participation in these projects is always appreciated and your interest adds greatly to your child’s enjoyment of school.
School counselor in the primary division serves as support personnel to students, parents, and professional staff. The counselors coordinate referrals and acts as case manager for students who may need special services support.
CMIS provides an air-conditioned canteen for the students to purchase a hot lunch and /or snacks and drink items.
No junk food is allowed))